Picture
It's a brand new year and just about a month ago, Elite: Dangerous went live and now there are several hundred thousand new Commanders all zooming about trying to make a living out there in the big black. Everybody's had time to get used to the controls, maybe made enough credits to upgrade their ships... Undoubtedly now that we're all mindful of insurance rates and maintaining our bank accounts, we can't be foolish enough to engage in rampantly stupid, blatantly irresponsible behaviour, can we? (Note, I threw in the 'U' especially for our CMDRs across the pond. Cheers!)

Picture
Oh shit, they made us!

OK, so I haven't been exactly keeping up on the whole Buckyball Run thing lately. I had a race set up for the Gamma, but the boys and girls at Frontier were madly updating the game prior to launch and the universe wasn't quite stable enough to try and run another event. Not to mention, I kinda wanted to play around in the Gamma. So I put it off, in spite of the awesome bumper sticker I cooked up for it, and figured that I'd wait until post-go live to fire off another one.

Picture
I know it looks like I only spend like 15 minutes on these things, but it takes at least 20.
Well, E:D released and wouldn't you know it, I kinda wanted to play around in that too before starting another race. So here it is, the 2nd week of January now, and after a couple of inquiries about when the next race would be, I made some vague estimates, drew up a race plan, threw out a SOON (TM), and went back to playing. Then one of the guys shoots me an email. The fine folks at Frontier Development put my "soon" out as a tweet. All the sudden there's pressure. I can't believe Frontier Development, after killing themselves with weeks of late nights, slaving to meet their deadline for release, would put me in the jackpot like this. Especially after just going through that kind of hell themselves. The public can be cruel. I mean, it got re-tweeted 14 times! That's, like, 14 more times more tweets than all the BBR's put together. Not to mention having to come up with a whole new bumper sticker. Thanks, Frontier!

So I guess we're doing this thing. We'll kick off, say... Saturday. Watch the forums for details.

(Seriously, Thanks to FD for all their hard work. The game rocks.)

Comments

CMDR Mutant
01/15/2015 2:05pm

Happy 2015!
And thank you for everything!
Dont stop me now!
I cant wait to start the engines.

09/27/2015 10:16pm

This is a post that is very nice and interesting. It's amazing.

11/06/2015 4:07am

I'm incredibly amazed using your creating skills as well as using the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid concept or did you modify it by yourself? Anyway sustain the good high-quality writing, it is rare to see a great web site similar to this 1 presently.

03/14/2016 8:29am

Ball rolling again is the symbol of the success of the players and all different activities of the life. It is conducted and improved with the tinge of the triumph. It is enduring and tendency of the success. It is established for the right and reformed nature. It is the future oriented activity and all such terms are counted and coined.

Happy twenty fifteen for the humans who have planned the resolutions of the success it is invited and injected with the terminologies. The results of the task are ensured and addressed. It is managed on the blogs of the grounds and all projects. The sequences of the assertive positions are ensured and implemented. It is the mostly observed stint of the future.

07/07/2016 11:52pm

I had a race set up for the Gamma as you too!

01/14/2017 9:51am

Recognizing business people require versatility in repayment, it was figured so the advances can be paid off in front of timetable, stopping all interest, and without a prepayment discipline. In this way, if the proprietor gets an enormous draw or portion on an assention, all or a segment of it can be paid down.

Surveying your credit reimbursement limit You ought to guarantee that your month to month advance portion reimbursement (EMI) ought not be more than around 40-half of your gross month to month family unit salary.

02/05/2017 3:51pm

On the off chance that this implies a considerable measure to you, then you have to reconsider before affirming any recommendations and outlines. The evaluated esteem ought to surpass the development cost and home loans. The elements of the house straightforwardly impact the positive or negative valuation of the house by the advance appraisers.